Food Assistance FAQ

Helping People. Changing Lives.

BWCA Calendar

Helping People. Changing Lives.

Food Assistance Questions

Green Card Questions

What is the minimum age for the Green Card program?
You must be at least 60 years of age to qualify.

How do I qualify for the Green Card?
You must meet age and income requirements. Call 810-982-8541 to find out if your income level qualifies.

How do I sign up for the Green Card?
You may call 810-982-8541 and make an appointment or you may come on the distribution day to sign up.

If my spouse and I are both over 60 and our household income qualifies, do we both get a Green card?
Yes, each occupant 60 or over in a qualifying household will receive a green card. All household income is considered when there is more than one person in the household.

If my mom/spouse/grandparent can’t make it on that day can I pick up food for her/him?
The person you are picking up food for must have a green card and you must bring it with you, and you must be assigned as the proxy for the individual you are picking up for.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

  1. mail:
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
  2. fax:
    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

USDA Civil Rights Complaint Link: