Utility Assistance

Utility Assistance

 MDHHS NOW Accepting
Applications for Assistance

Blue Water Community Action can help.


Beginning on October 1st, the
Michigan Department of Health & Human Services

is Processing All MEAP Applications

If you or someone you know is in need of energy bill assistance, applications can be filled out online at https://newmibridges.michigan.gov

Paper applications are also available at the local MDHHS Offices.

The Michigan Energy Assistance Program is a preventative program designed to provide energy assistance to low-income households so that they can reach energy self-sufficiency.

BWCA is here to help!

If you need a hand filling out your energy assistance application, please contact BWCA at (810) 982-8541.

Items you will need when applying for assistance:

  • Proof of all income coming into the home for the past 30 days.
  • Proof of all assets such as:  vehicles, property, 401k, bank statements for checking and/or savings, etc.
  • Proof of expenses such as:  dependent care, medical, child/spousal support, student loans, etc.
  • Social Security Numbers and birthdates for everyone in the home.

You can choose BWCA as your referral provider!

Once your application is processed, you can select BWCA as your referral provider to access additional energy assistance and supportive services.